Wellness and stress-busting pretty much go hand in hand, so it’s fair to say we could all benefit from a bit less stress. Thankfully, there’s more than one way to make that a reality. In fact, we’ve counted 31 ways to reduce stress and placed them gently below for your perusal.
From occasionally putting your phone down to chewing gum, there’s something here for everyone. Try one, or try them all, and look forward to ahealthier, happier, less stressful life.
31 DE-STRESSING IDEAS
1. Go outside.Fresh air and naturehave been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.
2. Same goes for exercise. Do more of it tofeel better mentallyand physically.
3. Take a break from social media. At least for a few days. It can be an unrealistic place.
5. Try somedeep-breathing exercisesto start your day.
6. Take that well-earned vacation.
8. See a comedy show or rent a funny movie.Laughing可以减轻压力,缓解紧张和即兴表演吗e mood.
9. Getmore sleep.
10. Drink green tea. It containsan amino acidthat can reduce stress.
11.Stretchto relax your body and mind.
12. Rekindle an old hobby like drawing, knitting or woodworking.
13. Start a gratitudejournalto remind yourself of the positives in life.
14. Tryprogressive muscle relaxationto feel relaxed from head to toe.
15. Listen to music while commuting or working. Theright playlistcan boost mood and increase energy.
16. Take awalkduring your lunch break.
17. Try a diffuser. Aromatherapy can be aneffective stress-reliever.
18. Eat some antioxidant-rich dark chocolate tolower stress hormonesin your body.
19. Unclutter your desk and your home.
21. Get some sun.Vitamin Dis a powerful mood booster.
22. Get moreomega-3’sfrom sources like salmon and avocado. They can reduce stress and anxiety.
23. Spend more time with happy, positive people.
24. Spend less time with the people who bring you down.
25.Start a gardento slow down and connect with nature.
26.Danceto reduce stress and boost serotonin.
27. Talk it out.Sharing your stresswith a therapist or loved one can be very therapeutic.
28. Pet or play with an animal.
29.Chew gum. It can reduce stress, fatigue and depression and promote a more positive mood.
30.Stop procrastinating. It’ll just make you more stressed later.
31. Hug someone (even if it has to be virtually).Studies showphysical intimacy is a great coping mechanism.